LATEST NEWS: • RECURRING MODEL ON YAHOO "THE THREAD" CLICK HERE & HERE
• MODEL FOR MTV 10 ON TOP: "MOST STYLIN' STARS OF THE YEAR" FASHION SHOW! CLICK HERE TO WATCH • FEATURED ON MTV2 HIP HOP SQUARES! CLICK HERETO WATCH
• STARRING IN "DIRTY LITTLE LIES" ON THE DISCOVERY ID CHANNEL! CLICK HERETO WATCH
• FEATURED IN THE ADIDASFALL/WINTER PRINT CAMPAIGN 2012 • FEATURED IN THE CONWAY SPRING/FALL PRINT CAMPAIGN 2012
• FEATURED IN THE BACHATA MUSIC VIDEO GIRLZ TALK "ESCLAVA A TU QUERER" CLICK HERE TO WATCH
• FEATURED ARTICLE IN THE NEW YORK POST! CLICK HERE TO READ
• MODEL ONMTV GRETA STYLE! CLICK HERE TO WATCH • MODEL ON THE NATE BERKUS SHOW! CLICKHERE TO WATCH • FEATURED MODEL ON THE NATE BERKUS SHOW! CLICK HERE TO WATCH
• OFFICIAL FEATURE FILM TRAILER FOR A PLAYA'S WEB! CLICK HERE TO WATCH
• RECURRING MODEL ON THE NATE BERKUS SHOW! TUNE IN ON NBC SEPTEMBER 23RD @ 2PM! CLICK HERE TO WATCH
is one of the brightest up and coming young stars in New York City today. As a
versatile actor and model, her television appearances include MTV (The Seven),
NBC (Nate Berkus Show), Discovery Channel, and BET. Having trained under
voguing and posing instructor Benny Ninja, she has made a lot of noise at NYC
Fashion Week, been featured in countless look books, and has worked with many
renowned designers. Not just another pretty face, Sandy is not afraid to get in the mud whether she is costarring in a drama as a vampire with Luke Massy or
playing a murderess in a dark comedy webisode.
attracting a lot of attention from directors who often compare her to J. Lo,
Sandy is still very much her own flavor. Proud of her Dominican heritage, Sandy
was born in Manhattan and raised by a single mother in Queens with her older
brother and sister. Aware of the need for more positive Latina female role
models in media, many of her film roles reflect her passion to fill this void.
She has starred in the short film “Un Amor illicito” (Sunnyside Down
Productions) and the Bachata music video Girlz Talk – “Esclava a tu Querer”
was a huge influence in her life bestowing upon her the wisdom to achieve the
American dream, and to seize control of her own destiny. A performer since the
age of six, Sandy excelled in everything she set her mind to. Modeling,
dancing, swimming, basketball, and softball were some of the ways that Sandy
got to show off her natural talents.She attended
St. Francis College on a four year Presidential Academic Scholarship, and
majored in Communications with a concentration in Film and Broadcasting. At St.
Francis she was exposed to the world of television, theatre and film, which
allowed her to discover her love and passion for acting. After college, Sandy
studied with a variety of acting coaches including Penny Templeton.
Fearless of the challenge,
Sandy’s determination, hard work, dedication, and free spirit are all on
display every time she enters a room. During Madonna’s “Lucky Star” Model
Search, Diana Rube of the NY Post wrote, “[Sandy] couldn’t help be anything but
exuberant as she danced down the catwalk to Madonna’s 1985 hit ‘Material
Girl’.”(11/3/11) Watch out and take notice for Sandy Tejada. Even the sky is no
limit for this rising star.
Follow Sandy on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Tumblr!